Visiting the South of France this summer? Make sure you read this insider guide first to get the very best tips for enjoying this romantic region.
Top tips for Provence
Provence is known for its food so when it comes to quality restaurants you’re spoilt for choice. Here are our top three places to eat to help you narrow it down…
1. Chez Bruno, truffle fans rejoice as this cosy eatery is known as the finest truffle restaurant in France. Decorated in a homely, country style - if you’re partial to truffle then you’ll be in heaven.
2. La Bonne Etape. For those looking for something extra special, La Bonne Etape is a Michelin starred, A-List celeb hot spot that will not disappoint. It’s not cheap, but the experience is worth every penny.
3. Plage d’Argent, is a stunning beachfront restaurant, hugely popular and definitely one to try if you like seafood. The sea views are exquisite, and the vast terrace has a cheerful, relaxed atmosphere.
Sightseeing is a must in Provence, if you go anywhere, make sure at least one of the below spots is on your hit list…
1. Gorge du Verdon, one of the most beautiful river canyons in Europe, making a fantastic day trip for those who like adventure. Rock climb, hike or kayak your way down the gorge for the ultimate outdoor experience.
2. Cassis, is a scenic fishing port famous for its white stone and cliffs, in fact, it’s home to one of the highest coastal bluffs in Europe. You can check it out with a coastline cruise.
3. Vaison-La-Romaine Ville Medievale. Just under an hour from Avignon this picturesque town is filled with medieval ruins to explore and castle perched at the top of a hill where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Top tips for the Cote D’Azur
Known as the French Riviera, famous for yachting, sensational weather and all-round luxury. The restaurants are no exception, here are our top picks.
1. La Mome, Cannes, is a treat. Serving the finest Mediterranean cuisine using seasonal, local produce. The raw bar dishes up ceviche and tartare, and the atmosphere is the epitome of luxury.
2. Mirazur in Menton, is a terrace restaurant with its own citrus grove and avocado trees. The Argentinian head chef devises tasting menus that have earned him a Michelin star and international acclaim. For show-stopping food and stunning scenery eat here.
3. Majestic Beach is a boujis hotel complex with numerous bars and restaurants that line the coast. Take your pick, they are all exquisite. Our favourite is La Rotonde, the Veuve Clicquot bar, for obvious reasons.